Data as a base for decision-making?
It's time for another new episode of the Kanaal Z series 'Never Waste a Good Crisis'. In this episode we have Alain Glickman, founding partner of the eponymous company. In this blog post you'll learn all about the decisions you need to make when it comes to data. Be sure to watch the video below (Dutch only) to see the interview with Alain Glickman.
Within the ecosystem of Duval Union, Glickman is the data specialist. In short, they translate data into insights and link it to marketing and sales actions. Based on good data insights, Glickman knows exactly whom to offer which products on the right channel and time. For example, did you know that 25% of people changed their purchasing behaviour during the corona crisis? This refers to the purchasing behaviour of people in all market segments and age categories. Nowadays, it's up to the companies to rediscover the customer. In this voyage of discovery, data is crucial and is the foundation for decision making.
Our way of working starts with taking a scan of data and make a start on revenue recovery. You can see this as a gearbox. This enables companies to switch smoothly and respond directly to the changing wishes and desires of their customers. In a nutshell: using data to quickly and efficiently rebuild turnover.
This situation has major consequences for the world of data science because data companies now have to respond very quickly. The luxury of experimenting and quietly validating is now unfortunately a thing of the past... Today, modelling has to be done almost in real time. This means that it is no longer enough to look at dashboards to know that things are going badly! They are now looking for the new unknown: ‘How can I reboot my business?’ That's why now it is time to take action and install easy to use analytical platforms.
Don't miss out: find the entire 'Never Waste a Good Crisis' series here:
- Duval Union – Absolute must? Double the value, halve the budget.
- Herculean Alliance – Are your employees part of the 87%?
- Nine o'Clock Somewhere – Where the tv lacks, eVenting jumps in for help
- Duval Branding – From additional to necessary in no time
- Grava – Do you have visitors or customers who bring in the cash?
- Duval Union Innovative Marketing – A fully digital version of your company in 72 hours
- Profacts – Societal trends for the happy few
- MMBSY – Crisis plus creativity equals opportunity
- GrowthAgent – How to make a 5 year leap in one month
- Friendship – Why to advertise in times of a crisis
- Madewithlove – How the corona crisis accelerated remote working
Intrigued? Register for our free 2 day webinar.