Crisis plus creativity equals opportunity
Mie Van der Auwera is one of the two managing partners at PR and content marketing agency MMBSY, a proud member of the Duval Union Group. In this episode of Kanaal Z’s ‘Never Waste a Good Crisis’ Mie reveals everything there is to know about excellent storytelling. Watch the video (Dutch only) if you want to know all about it.
MMBSY is an expert in the field of storytelling. This cluster is divided into two core activities: public relations and content marketing. In PR, the PR managers create relevance for brands through press releases. Using storytelling for their customers' products/services, they ensure that the information and inspiration is disseminated at the right moment. This assures that the story is picked up by a journalist and that he or she distributes it through their own channels and media.
On the other hand, content marketing focuses on different media channels and helps brands overcome challenges. A content strategy with great content formats is key to deliver your story to the right target audience. MMBSY focuses entirely on the end consumer in the story. Consistently collecting data about your consumer and how he or she experiences your content, allows you to think quick and move forward.
As a result of this global pandemic, content formats are shifting and transforming. This forced MMBSY to alter its way of telling PR stories. Every crisis has its unique opportunity and creativity will help you through it, according to Mie. At the beginning of this crisis, companies were reluctant to use influencers. Although the maturity leap of digital content has increased enormously. Digital storytelling is pertinent at the moment and influencers are therefore indispensable. They are a special, new source of information and inspiration for a large group of people. In the peak of the corona crisis, these influencers were strongly deployed to spread the important message of 'social distancing' in their community.
Good is not enough
This is the moment to get authentic about storytelling. It's not about good stories. It's about great stories. The keyword here is empathy. Stay authentic as a brand and immerse yourself in the world of your audience. Connect with them and offer something they need or want. Companies that are already creating authentic content are one step ahead of the competition.
Don't miss out: find the entire 'Never Waste a Good Crisis' series here:
- Duval Union – Absolute must? Double the value, halve the budget.
- Herculean Alliance – Are your employees part of the 87%?
- Nine o'Clock Somewhere – Where the tv lacks, eVenting jumps in for help
- Duval Branding – From additional to necessary in no time
- Grava – Do you have visitors or customers who bring in the cash?
- Duval Union Innovative Marketing – A fully digital version of your company in 72 hours
- Profacts – Societal trends for the happy few
- GrowthAgent – How to make a 5 year leap in one month
- Glickman – Data as a base for decision-making?
- Friendship – Why to advertise in times of a crisis
- Madewithlove – How the corona crisis accelerated remote working
Intrigued? Register for our free 2 day webinar.